Independent Inspections of floors, flooring systems, floor coverings, timber decking and cladding. Where a dispute or a problem has occurred, an inspection and report can clarify the situation. Reports can cover quality, installation, maintenance and moisture related problems. We can make recommendations as to how most situations can be resolved. We can advise on, or prepare, specifications.
This can be a basic report relating to the issue and the reason why it has occurred or we act as either a single party or single joint witness in the preparation of a full report.
We have a special interest in timber and hardwood flooring and finishes, timber decking and cladding, as well as experience in sub floor preparation, vinyl, LVT and tiled floors. We understand the nature and problems of moisture within construction and regularly carry out independent site surveys, testing for moisture both indicative and to the British Standards.
- visiting sites to carry out independent inspection of failed flooring issues
- desk inspections of materials.
- the preparation of written reports, basic or to comply with Civil Procedures Rules part 35. (CPR35)
- identifying the cause of failed flooring & recommending solutions- Expert Witness Services. Member of the Expert Witness Institute and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- Dispute Resolution service. (Trained and accredited civil and commercial mediator).
- Consultancy Services
- floor specification guides
- Site inspections of subfloor condition and moisture conditions
- technical advice and support
- training for sales staff, installers, suppliers, manufacturers and distributers and even management.
- moisture testing and data logging
- sub floor inspection and preparation specification
- Slip Resistance Testing, onsite or on the bench, using the pendulum tester
- Inspection and reporting on Timber Decking and Cladding Issues.